RTS Home Learning Year 1 Week beginning
Class – Airedale
Tell me, I will forget.
Show me, I may not remember.
Involve me and I will understand.
Walk out to meet me, and we will learn together.
New learning – Compare the size of 2, 2 digit numbers
Consolidate – Adding ten to a 2 digit number
3. 2 digit place value – seesaw
4. Comparing 2 digit numbers – seesaw
FRIDAY FUN – Play cards – seesaw
New learning – Making plurals by adding s and es eg. cat – cats, fox – foxes
Consolidate – Using the correct form of the past tense eg. dance – danced, run – ran
1. Plurals and Past tense -see seesaw assignments
2. War and evacuees – Homecoming words and feeling – VE day seesaw assignment
3. A question for Miss Robertson’s mum – a London evacuee. – see seesaw
4. Learn a wartime song. Make wartime food. Plan VE celebrations – see seesaw
FRIDAY FUN – Have a VE celebration with the people in your house. Report on the celebrations. Remember to use time words like first, next, after that, finally. Remember to use the past tense correctly. You can write or record your report.
Eggs were very scarce in wartime. Choose an egg experiment from science sparks. What have you learned about eggs? https://www.science-sparks.com/10-egg-science-experiments/
Hope – see seesaw
Use some old newspaper, magazines or scrap paper to make VE Day bunting to decorate your house.