Richard Taylor School, How it all began………….
Richard Taylor Primary School was built in 1973 to replace the Bilton Endowed School established in 1793 by the Richard Taylor Educational Foundation. The Foundation was set up in 1785 by Richard Taylor and John Inman, the first master of the Endowed School. Richard Taylor was one of two brothers living in Bachelor Gardens. They owned land and property and spent the money they received as rent on the schooling of children whose parents couldn’t afford to provide for them. When Richard Taylor died in 1791, the land and property were left to the Foundation so that children could still be aided with their education. The Foundation continues to support our School today.