At Richard Taylor School we educate every child in our safekeeping within a caring and Christian community. We open minds, unlock potential and celebrate success. We seek to establish a life-long love of learning. Our children are part of God’s world and we help them to understand their place in it.
We create a welcoming, stimulating and disciplined environment where everyone is valued and people grow together in a culture of respect and support. Our school is a place where children enjoy working and playing together to develop independence, self-confidence and self-esteem.
The values that make our school special….
Below are the nine values chosen by the children at school to reflect the things that they feel make our school special. They are celebrated in every classroom and form the themes for our acts of worship during the year.
Friendship, Trust, Respect, Determination, Sportsmanship, Peace, Forgiveness, Responsibility, Service.
Our Aims at Richard Taylor School are….
- To expect good behaviour, courtesy, mutual respect and consideration for others within and beyond the school environment.
- To provide a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum appropriate to the needs of each child.
- To nurture happy well-balanced individuals with alert and enquiring minds, self respect and self discipline.
- To ensure that all that we say and do in our daily lives reflects our Christian values.
- To develop purposeful links between children, staff, governors, parents, the local community and the wider world.
- To encourage, reward and celebrate the individual strengths and achievements of all members of the school community.
- To ensure that all pupils and adults feel valued and supported.